10/30/2008

Of Bar Mitzvahs and Broncos

If there's one thing I love almost as much as photography, it's learning about another culture. This past weekend, I was introduced in depth to the Jewish religion when I had the privilege to document Jeremy's Bar Mitzvah. I learned a great deal about Judiasm and more specifically the importance of the coming of age of a Jewish child.
Jeremy celebrated his Bar Mitzvah at the Congregation Emanu El of San Bernardino. I have to give Rabbi Douglas Kohn many thanks. He was the officiant of the ceremony and educated those not familiar with the Jewish faith about the nuances and importance of the faith. He also permitted me to have a front row seat to photograph Jeremy's coming of age, which gave me the opportunity to take some fabulous pictures!
The celebration continued afterwards at The National Orange Show Events Center. The staff outdid themselves decorating the hall with a Denver Broncos theme. Did I forget to tell you that Jeremy's father, Greg, is a HUGE Broncos fan? Well, the pictures did not do justice to all the hard work the staff put into the event. Jeremy and family had a lot of fun dancing, playing games, and eating way too much!

Please click on each picture to see an enlarged view.





No comments: